skystar2 turn off

leo

Hi there,

I have two external receivers (analog + digital) hooked up to the same lnbs as my skystar2, using those little diode-protected three-ways

when the pc is turned off, or until I launch DVBViewer, the skystar2 doesn't drive the lnbs, so th other two receivers (well, one at a time!) can work fine. but, after I launched DVBViewer once, it will never stop to drive the lnbs, so I can't use the other receivers anymore.

does anyone know of a utility able to "turn off" the skystar2??

thanks

bye

@leo:

There are two things you can try:

1) In the DVBViewer tune a channel with horizontal polarisation (best would be with LNB Selection = none additionally - on Astra 19° East this would be Bibel TV, for example).

Horizontal means an output voltage of 14V (18V is for vertical). Usually the lower voltage should be overridden by the higher voltage of your receiver, when it is tuned to a channel with vertical polarisation - and when it's tuned to a horizontal polarised channel, your receiver and the SS2 shouldn't disturb each other anyway. That's what I've experienced - I also use such a diode-protected three-way.

And with LNB Selection = None no 22 khz signal should be sent to the LNB for selecting the high band, so it's up to your receiver again (but I didn't test it yet).

2) Close the DVBViewer and launch Setup4PC. Go to the status page and try the options in the configuration dropdown list. By setting it to Astra 19° East (or any other satellite position) everything was reset to zero, including the signal strength, that's what I saw there. But I don't know if it switches the SS2 off or to a neutral state - you must try.

Okay, if you get any results from that, please post them here - I would like to know them!

Cheers

Griga

@Griga:

yes, I thought about that, it's what I already do when I don't want to turn off my external receivers... but it seems not to work with the skystar2 (maybe there's some small voltage tolerance, so that the receivers conflict even if they shouldn't...) if there's a software command that can be issued to the card, that would be cleaner and maybe even save a little lifetime...

@linusalba:

I only found a prg called mytheatre on a polish site, I can't understand what it is/does - that's a 7megs+ thing, do I really need that?

can you please point me to the homepage of that program (maybe in english or at least some western language?)

thanks all!

ciao!

if there's a software command that can be issued to the card, that would be cleaner

Sure. Seems to be a task for Christian, our head programmer - he knows the SS2 interface very well. When it's possible to do it, I'm sure he will.

Griga

@linusalba:

can you please point me to the homepage of that program (maybe in english or at least some western language?)

thanks all!

ciao!

you can find here the link:

http://forums.dvbnetwork.com/viewtopic.php?t=10017

but if you don't want to subscribe to that forum here is the updated link:

----------------------

Tiny package which doesn't include Codecs and RC Plugins, SoftCAMs and Skins(except default one):

http://www.hippo.ru/~sorgelig/MyTheatre.v2...2.65.5.Tiny.exe ~3.5MB

-----------------------

CIAO , Marco

Edited by Oliver