DVBViewer 2.1 released

madmunky

Looks like DVBViewer is catching up with all the features of the dreambox which i saw for the first time today and must say they are very nice boxs ;)

Guest hackbart

yep - the new version is out ;)

Here is the change-log:

- unlimited TimeShift with DVBViewer source-filter (only FAT limitations)

- simultaneous multi-channel-TimeShift with the new VRP and TS-Player

- dynamic control panel similiar to the old mediaplayer

- better subtitle display (see screenshot) for hearing impaired people

- ability to turn the video decoding off, while recording or streaming data

- more skin features (I hope to create a few more later)

- the best and most compatible MPEG2 recorder (Griga's effort)

- automatic rebuilding of the graph after altering certain settings

- improved channel scanner

- some bug-fixes and improvements

Christian

Edited by Oliver

Congratulations, a very nice job.

I like specially the control bar appearing in lower part ;)

BTW - Is it possible to set that the control bar to appear in the Video mode only ?

Thanks,

Rittberg

I like specially the control bar appearing in lower part    :)

I like dynamic control panel similiar to the old mediaplayer. ;)

I've not found how

- simultaneous multi-channel-TimeShift with the new VRP and TS-Player

works.

What new VRP mean? :D

How have I to do for multi-channel-TimeShift? ;)

Many thanks for this new release, Marco ;)

Guest Oliver

That's rather easy.

1. Download the Videorecorder Plugin 2.6 and the TS-Player.

2. Start a Transport Stream recording of more than one channel (for example RTL, RTL2 and VOX)

3. Click the TimeShift button in the VRP. Now the A/V-rendering in the DVBViewer ceases and the TS-Player will open. Now you select one of the channels for playback and click on start.

4. Open another instance of the TS-Player and select the file being recorded ######.ts. Now choose another channel in the stream.

5. Open a further instance of the TS-Player and...

Bye, Oliver

PS: VRP means VideoRecorder Plugin.

PPS: The TS-Player can also be used for converting the Transport Stream recording to PVA or MPEG2-PS, just refer to the provided readme file.

one supplementation: you must put the VideorecorderPlugin in the Plugins - directory and the TSPlayer in the DVBViewer main directory.

Steffen

That's rather easy.

1. Download the Videorecorder Plugin 2.6 and the TS-Player.

Thanks for your help.

I've understood that this new version of DVBViewer includes the Videorecorder Plugin's way of recording. ;)

I was wrong, thanks for all, Marco :D

Edited by linusalba
Guest Oliver

The DVBViewer 2.1 includes the recording routines of the VRP 2.5, the enhanced functionality of 2.6 will be probably implemented in the next version.

Bye, Oliver

Yes, the VRPlugin is always one step ahead ;) so that the recorder features that are adopted by Christian for the DVBViewer have already been beta-tested for some time by many users. :D

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of DVBViewer on my machine, and all I can now say is WOW!!!!

I had to reinstall my machine so I only had the basic XP install with all Windows Updates, drivers installed. I do not even have any other DVD software installed.

This was no problem for DVBViewer 2.1, it handled with ease, Euro1080, the various AC3 channels, recording etc.

If this is the software now, all I can say is I'm impressed, what sort of stuff is planned for the future?

How will DVBViewer handle Euro1080 when it encrypts, is this being considered or talked about?

This is my main query as my computer is now at the centre of my Home cinema system.

How will DVBViewer handle Euro1080 when it encrypts, is this being considered or talked about?

well, a banal answer is that the DVBViewer will handle this like any other encrypted program. You'll get a black screen ;)

well, a banal answer is that the DVBViewer will handle this like any other encrypted program. You'll get a black screen

I realize this, but I would like to receive the channel once it encrypts, but to do this through my PC is limited, The Nexus has a Common interface but the software is very poor in my view, Ideally I would like a program that has the ease of DVBViewer, but supports CI and CAM's and supports HDTV.

The software Showshifter supports the Nexus and Interface but does not support HDTV. So to me this shows that there is an gap in the market as it were for this area.

So i thought maybe someone somwhere could work on this area, to produce software that supports HDTV and encryption.

I have a Nexus card, but it needs software as good as DVBViewer to really make it work well.

Guest Oliver

Maybe (!!!) there will be a solution in the medium-term future:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...t=0entry25014

Here is the translation: "...I bet there will be a commercial solution for this problem (encrypted TV). When TechniSat is going to add this solution to their product portfolio, the DVBViewer will of course support it. But as long as there is neither a hardware CSA nor a CI module, payTV won't be supported by the DVBViewer."

Bye, Oliver

muh....i wanna get the old "DVDViewer Set No.2" back!!!! :D

not this shit modern style ;) .....since i use DVBViewer i have used this blue set.....but now?

Edited by Caramba
Guest hackbart

strange, there are users of the blue and orange icon sets ;) Don't panic i will change this in the next release.. At least i add the availablility to create own icon sets (this solves the Whaaa i don't like the comic like icons problem).

Christian

Is it possible to disable the new dynamic control panel? I often watch TV in a window and the new panel shows up when i move my mouse over the bottom of DVBV window. It's really annoying. Maybe you should add an option to disable/enable the new panel in options of DVBV?

Guest hackbart

yupp, this is already done.

By the way, micha is working quite hard and finished a html server class (incl. secure login) plus a rudimentary script parser. In combination with easy to create html templates you should be able to assemble your most favourite web portal style. We decided to create in the first release a DVBViewer Website look and feel for the Teletext, EPG and PVR Display. At the moment the teletext support is complete, the rest will follow.

Christian

post-8-1082620341_thumb.png

...and (maybe in the future) also a HTML remote control??? ;)

Cheers

Gioxy

PS: thanks for all update, very apreciated the dynamic control panel, the unlimited TimeShift, and, IMHO over all, the Keep TimeShift File: I needed it right during my first v. 2.1 testing (without knowing its existence), and it worked perfectly! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Please code this part in a way, that it is possible to use it with almost all available browsers - not only the IE. Usually I use Opera for browsing and it would be great to use it with this not so common browser. And of course: When it works with Opera - it will work most likely with every other browser!

Guest hackbart

yeah sure, michael is (inbetween his abiturexams)working on a small php like parser to allow lot of things with the new web plugin. The jedi web server itself supports cgi and html + his interpreter you should easily add much more things... If there is someone interested in cool web design to create nice portal scripts feel free to drop us a mail..

Christian

Is it possible to disable the new dynamic control panel? I often watch TV in a window and the new panel shows up when i move my mouse over the bottom of DVBV window. It's really annoying. Maybe you should add an option to disable/enable the new panel in options of DVBV?

Yes. I like the new version and in fullscreen the dynamic control panel rocks!

But in small Windows it is really annoying.

I would love an select option:

Allways / Fullscreen only / Disabled

Best regards

Thomas

Yes. I like the new version and in fullscreen the dynamic control panel rocks!

But in small Windows it is really annoying.

I would love an select option:

Allways / Fullscreen only / Disabled

Best regards

Thomas

Hi,

the control panel is a very good thing to have. Thanks a lot.

One little suggestion to even improve it:

I like using the panel in WinDVD a lot, as you can configure so it that on a single mouse click it becomes visible, and the next click makes it disappear.

Regards,

Goggo

Guest hackbart

As you maybe read in the plugin part of the forum, a user named Lars is working on a VDR Plugin Wrapper Plugin. Sounds complicated, but it's quite logic. Linux VDR is configured via telnet and he tried to emulate the same thing with the DVBViewer. In the current state the project is still under heavy development, but right now you can even use the LinVDR Perl Web Script (with activeperl it runs also under Windows like charm).

Christian

post-8-1084477972_thumb.png

@hackbart,

I am a bit confused. Was your reply meant to be for me ?

Or are we talking about different things ?

Regards,

Goggo

Yes, i think Christian dont read your post carefull, but this time he is so much impressed from the VDR .....

Hmmm, he is programmer and not supporter :wacko: