Recording or extracting subtitles

GavinB

Hi

I purchased DVBViewer yesterday with the idea of being able to exract and save the subtitles to a file from either Satellite of Digital. I can't see how to do this immediately and thing that maybe the GE version might allow it. But I don't seem to be able to use the GE program in English :ph34r:

Questions:

1) Can I record just the subtitles to a file?

2) If not, does anyone know of another program that would let me do this?

Thanks

Gavin

is there a way to record without using the plugin? DVBViewer 3.0 recorded them and placed them in the capture folder. since i upgraded to 3.1, it doesnt do that any more...

• 2 weeks later...

You said you could record them to the capture folder - what format would that be in. My main aim is to a file or files with readable text from the subtitles - still not quite sure how this is to be done.

Any ideas?

But I don't seem to be able to use the GE program in English  :( 

Try renaming the "Deutsch.lng" file in the "Language" subfolder of your GE directory to "Deutsch.lng#" or suchlike. That should give your GE an English UI. (After a restart, of course.)

My main aim is to a file or files with readable text from the subtitles - still not quite sure how this is to be done.

You can use ProjectX to demux a Transport-Stream and extract teletext-subtitles from it.

Remember to select "Video/Audio/Teletext TS (*.ts)" as "Output format" in the "Recorder Control" window of DVBViewer GE

and/or select "Audio/VideoTS (.ts)" as output format in the "Recorder"-Tab and check the "+ Videotext"-Box in the "Channels"-Tab of the VideoRecorder-plugin for your recordings.

ProjectX offers a variety of different output formats for subtitles. IIRC all but *.SUP are text-based.

Links: ProjectX-Forum ProjextX-Download ProjectX-Homepage

I haven't seen a lot of english documentation for ProjectX though. If google can't help you, feel free to ask.