nv4_disp BSOD

ilaps

hello

I have a problem with DVBviwer GE with some H264 clips: it crashes badly on some part of the clip, with a blue screen; it comes from nv4_disp.dll, which is a nvidia driver. I searched on the NET, and I have seen that this crash is quite common, and that it is called a BSOD: blue screen of death :blink:

But it appears that there is no definitive solution yet.

I use a GC geforce 7300GS, with dxva (without dxva it doesn't crash, but CPU is 100%, and film is not smooth)

But it is not a problem specific to my configuration, because I have tried with a powerful PC with 2 XEON, and it crashes exactly the same.

It happens only with some HD H264 films: for example it never happens on LUXE-TV channel during the regular program, it only appears during HD-forum presentation clips.

Has SO experimented a similar problem? Has SO found solutions?

Please post some more information:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

Somehow I'm starting to get the picture that whatever information posted, it is never adequate. :bye:

To be more helpful with the issue I'd firstly suggest trying with different video card drivers. The newest official drivers from nVidia have known stability issues that occur with bsod crashes or freezing, and often relate to the nv4_disp.dll. Personally I had problems with some games and reverting back to older drivers solved the issue. The same might be true here as well. In any case it is worth the try. So...

1. Download older display drivers (eg. from June 2006)

2. Uninstall all current nVidia drivers from the system

3. Install "new" drivers

-

4. See if problem persists