Correct Wake upfrom suspend

ramonchin

Hi!

I suspend my PC with DVBViewer On. When I try to wake up the PC, screen is black, windows start bar (bottom) is on top and remote doesn't work... until i click with mouse on the center of the screen and remote is working again.

Is there any way to avoid use of mouse?

Thanks

I suspend my PC with DVBViewer On.

Don't. DVBViewer uses a lot of stuff (drivers, modules) that probably doesn't handle the suspend state correctly.

Let the DVB Task Scheduler (-> members area) handle it. Read the ReadMe.

Don't. DVBViewer uses a lot of stuff (drivers, modules) that probably doesn't handle the suspend state correctly.

But, shoudn't i turn off the Task Scheduler while the new Videorecording service is on?

I have been trying DVB Task Scheduler, but all options it gives me are for scheduled recordings. Even in the readme i can't find any info about that.

Thanks

Tick Options -> Extended -> Use Task Scheduler. It will close DVBViewer when you suspend your PC. Use Settings 2 -> Restart on Resume (with a delay of x seconds) for an automatic relaunch.

It is supposed to work like this: Suspend -> DVBViewer checks if the DVB Task Scheduler is present. If yes, it intercepts suspension, launches DVB Task scheduler with a message -> DVB Task Scheduler closes DVBViewer from outside and continues to suspend the PC -> PC wakes up -> DVBTask Scheduler relaunches DVBViewer and closes itself.

You won't see the DVB Task Scheduler, because it does its job silently in the background. In this way, only the "small" DVB Task Scheduler remains active on suspension, not "big" DVBViewer.

P.S. Sorry, I've just checked it - it seems the DVB Task Scheduler must already be running for the process described above. Which means, you have to start it manually before suspending your PC, or store a DVB Task Scheduler shortcut in your autostart folder. Maybe Hartwig drops by and explains it a bit better. He's more familiar with it.

Edited by Griga

described above. Which means, you have to start it manually before suspending your PC, or store a DVB Task Scheduler shortcut in your autostart folder. Maybe Hartwig drops by and explains it a bit better. He's more familiar with it.

I'm quite confused :arrow: Is "DVB Task Scheduler" now obsoleted by "Recording Service", or more likely one has to choose between those? But both aren't recommended to be used at the same time? I'm right now getting familiar with "Recording Service"..

BR,

Edited by MJo
it seems the DVB Task Scheduler must already be running for the process described above. Which means, you have to start it manually before suspending your PC, or store a DVB Task Scheduler shortcut in your autostart folder.
Thats right. "Restart on resume" is a black option, not a blue one. Black means, it will only work, if Scheduler is startet manually. blue means, it works every time, when scheduler will be used.

...and do not use both at the same time for the same installation.