Another Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG2 problem

davidj

Dear Friends,

I just read almost all messages in this forum, trying to solve my problem: When I start the DVBViewer there appear an error message:"Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG2 Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error: 91000101" and the screen of dvb window remain black.

I have never really used DVBViewer before as I used my Skystar card primarily for Broadband though when first installed (9 Months ago) I did take a look and it was all working Ok.

I now have adsl so no longer have use for Sat B/Band and thought I'd use the card for Satellite viewing.

What may have changed since first using was that I have upgraded my XPPro Machine to SP2.

One relevant point was that on trying a reinstall was a "cant load Sonic" error (I do have Sonic DVD) so have no idea if theres a conflict problem.

TV4PC Does work however.

My System is as follows:

XP Pro SP2

Intel P4 3Ghz, 512mb Ram

Technisat TVSTAR 2 Driver 4.3

Sound - Realtek AC 97 (Onboard)

DVBViewer technisat edition 20.10.2004

directX 9

Onboard Intel Graphics adapter 82865G

Standard Sky (UK) installation with Quad LNB

Hope you can help I am really frustrated and have fairly limited technical knowledge. I am not sure if I should load Codecs from somewhere/

Many thanks

David

Edited by davidj

Do you performed a channelscan? At the end of this thread ( http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...?showtopic=2210 ) you can find a little tool which locate mpg2decoder on your system and post the created Textfile.

The reason is quit simple. In download version of 4.30er driver are no mpg2 Decoder inside. this ist the problem for this sonic error.

Try to install 4.28 drivers. There are DVDExpress decoders inside.

After this you can install the DVBViewer from 4.30 drivers.

Thank you,

Heres the result

MPEG2 Video Decoders:

---------------------

bitcontrol® MPEG-2 Video Decoder: 00800200

Ligos MPEG Video Decoder: 00800000

Ligos MPEG Splitter: 00800000

DVD Express Video Decoder: 00600000

CyberLink Video/SP Decoder: 00600000

MPEG Audio Decoders:

---------------------

Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder: 03680001

MPEG Audio Decoder: 03680001

CyberLink Audio Decoder: 00601000

bitcontrol® MPEG-2 Audio Decoder: 00600000

DVD Express Audio Decoder: 00600000

Yes I tried a channel scan - I cleared all channels and did a scan and update on Astra 2a, 2b, 2d - The satellite I use. It found numerous channels.

Where can I find driver 4.28? I found references to Service centre which I eventually found in AGB German but my password did not work.

Thank you

I believ you dont need this drivers , because you have DVDExpress Decoders on board. In german part you can find a list of links ( http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...?showtopic=4425 ) there you can find the driver.

OK you found numerous channels. Can you play one of this "unencrypted" channels?

The service center is only for users of the DVBViewer Pro version.

Sounds a problem with ligos decoders. They are known for problems. Please take Radlight Filtermanager and deregister this 3 Decoder. But set the protocoll option if you want to make it reverse.

If you are a german or you can understand german, you can find here ( http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/DirectShow....l#FilterManager ) a good description.

I think it could be a problem with this decoders:

Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder: 03680001

bitcontrol® MPEG-2 Audio Decoder: 00600000

In the pro version, you can select which decoder you want to use.

Or do you have installed any codec-packs. It might be a problem too.

I am fairly new to this so excuse make lack of technical knowledge. I am based in UK (no German language understood (sorry)).

Can I just clarify that I am not doing something really stupid - Does the DVB Reciever (Green Icon in Stystem tray) need to be installed and running. They are but maybe my setup is wrong for Sky as I am using the setup as prescribed by Sat Broadband supplier (that I no longer use).

Still I do recall it working without crashing the program - it must be something not loaded.

How do I find if I have Codecs installed - I do have Divx installed I guess that installs Codecs.

I also get an EZeroDevide error when trying to use a channel.

Edited by davidj
need to be installed and running
installed yes, running no DVBViewer don't need this.
How do I find if I have Codecs installed
You give us te answer
Heres the result

MPEG2 Video Decoders:

---------------------

I also get an EZeroDevide error when trying to use a channel.
Thats a problem of Ligos Decoder ! You should use Radlight Filtermanager to unregister the Ligos Decoder

FilterManager.png But use the log option !!!

I am not sure I understand when you say unregister the Ligos decoder - I assume that within the filter manager I select the item "Ligos Filter MPEG decoder" there are also 2 Ligos 21 Decoder, I leave these right?

Also the log option is selected by going to the the Log Tab and selecting log file - right?

Thanks

I am not sure I understand when you say unregister the Ligos decoder

The faulty Ligos *Audio* Decoder usually causes the Division By Zero error. Select it in the list and click "Unregister".

You may re-register it by clicking "Register" and selecting the according file. The Log Tab will tell you which path\file has been unregistered before. Just keep the checkbox ticked, in order to let the Filter Manager save the log to your hard disk.

Thank you all so much the problem is resolved.

For others heres how:

1. I installed the trial Bitcontrol pack as suggested by Klausing - This resolved the "Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG2" problem.

2. I removed the Ligos (In fact removed all three Ligos MPEG decoders) Audio decoder which proved to cause the problem with the EZeroDevide error.

Thanks everyone.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

(When I start the DVBViewer there appear an error message:"Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG2 Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error: 91000101" and the screen of dvb window remain black.)

Image :

dvb1vq.jpg

My Config System :

- Pentium 4 - 2.08Ghz

- 256 DDR

- Graphic Radeon 7000 Series 128Mo

- HDD 200Go + 80Go

- WinXP Pro + SP1

Plzz Help Me :'(

Thx