DVBServer + DVBViewer 3.0

Samppix

DVBViewer 3.0 is really nice, but I cannot make the DVBServer and/or Client to work. I have checked the http://www.DVBViewer.com/oliver/Optionen.html#network -documentation, but it didn't help... I have tried it within localhost and over LAN to another computer without success. I can always get connected either with unicast or multicast settings but there is no bitrate!

The same thing was with DVBViewer 2.3 beta and DVBServer. However i could see some bitrate with the graph in v2.3 DVBServer but still no picture or sound in DVBViewer.

I can see in the DVBServer debug tab that channels and PID:s are tuned but thats all!? Firewall is not the issue because it's open...

I have read that similar thing happened to some of the forum users but there is no solution for this problem yet?

I have P4 3Ghz WIN-XP SP2 -system with different network adapters:

- integrated Realtek 10/100 NIC (the default adapter used)

- Bluetooth Widcomm network

- VMWare virtual network adapters

- Technisat Airstar 2 -PCI card (4.3.0 drivers)

I have 3 additional computers routed via D-Link 624 wired/wireless router. And I really would like to use DVBViewer software over the LAN in my house...

I've attached a screenshot of the DVBServer and DVBFilter if its any help?

---

BTW. The old multicast plugin works and I can display multicast stream with the VLC-player. Well I dont like the VLC and I would prefer DVBViewer...

post-10960-1109320917_thumb.jpg

The same screenshots I have posted in the manual would be more helpful. Additionally or alternatively you could post the server.xml and the hardware.xml (both located in the DVBViewer folder).

Bye, Oliver

Here is the screenshot of all tabs in DVBServer and my unicast settings in DVBViewer. I also included the .xml files.

I also found that the unicast max. users -setting doesn't seem get saved/loaded properly because each time I restart the DVBServer it has setting "1".

My default NIC has static IP 192.168.0.100 received from DLink router via DHCP...

Thanks for the reply,

post-10960-1109327547_thumb.jpg

hardware.xml

server.xml

Let's test something.

try starting the DVBViewer first and after that start the server and select a channel in the DVBViewer.

lars

Yes! It worked. But should it work otherwise also?

I would like to start the DVBServer automatically during system boot, so I could connect DVBViewers to it from all computers within LAN... At the moment it is not possible on my system. o:)

Thanks for quick reply!

It seems to be a driver problem. The upcoming 3.01 Version of DVBViewer and dvbserver will handle this problem correctly.

lars

Ok! Thanks. I'll wait for the next release...

---

One thing I also noted that whenever channels are selected within same transponder the channel PIDs are added into DVBServer "PID list" and the old ones still remains.

After multiple channel changes the overall bitrate could be quite high >10MBs. With wireless network this is quite high. Is it possible to remove unused PIDs when there is no DVBViewer using them?

It seems also that Nordic DVB-Subtitles are not working with the DVBServer/Client configuration.